Here is a quick and easy way to teach the topic, “Mi Barrio”. This resource is very interactive and ideal for more advanced students. (Recommended for Forms 3-5)
- to introduce vocabulary in context about describing your neighbourhood
Skills: Listening | Reading
- Firstly, to see where the clickable elements are located, click on the hand icon on the top right hand corner of the display.
- Instruct students to click on the audio player to listening to the text read aloud while they follow.
- Each Spanish passage has the English translation embedded in the display. Once you click on the passage, the English will appear in a pop-up box.
- At the bottom of the display, in red, there is a vocabulary list of the words that students may not know. You can instruct them to copy this list in the vocabulary section of their Spanish notebook.
- Use the arrow in the middle, right on the screen to go to the next display.
- Again, click the hand to see where the clickable elements are.
- Vocabulary lists are also provided on this page.
- At the bottom there are a few games and activities that will allow your kiddos to practice the vocabulary learnt.
- To view the display on full screen, click on the three dots (bottom right) and choose the symbol with the two arrows.
If would like to share this resource with your students CLICK HERE.
Practice activities embedded into the display:
- Match each Spanish statement to the picture it represents
- Drag and Drop Reading/Listening Comprehension based on the descriptions that Thomas and Carla gave of their neighbourhoods.
1. Search for the Spanish translation of the words to the right of the word search.
2. Match each Spanish phrase with the picture that best represent its meaning.
3. Each statement below is related to either Thomas’or Carla’s description of their neighbourhoods in Buenos Aires.
Read each statement and drag it to the left (on the orange block) if it relates to Thomas’s description of Villa 31 or to the right (on the blue block) if it fits Carla’s description of Recoleta.
CLICK ON THE PUPPY TO GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR FREE RESOURCE RELATED TO THIS TOPIC!
YOU’RE GONNA LOVE THIS ONE! PROMISE! 😍